Introduction to Early Stage Investing (for Women)
June 10, 2017 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Union Hall
Cintrifuse 1311 Vine Street Cincinnati, OH 45202
“Introduction to Early Stage Investing” is a one-day workshop that covers the basics of this exciting asset class. It is an event for women, presented exclusively by women in the industry.
Women are considered the next wave of investors. While opportunities to learn about traditional investing abound, investing in early-stage companies (often called “angel” investing) remains a mystery to many. Plus, motivations for investing can expand beyond financial returns and reach into social impact.
Areas of Focus:
- Learning the terminology used by angel investors, venture capitalists and impact investors
- Understanding the pros and cons of early stage investing
- Examining the impact women investors can have on women entrepreneurs
- Exploring what is happening in region’s vibrant start-up community
- Meeting women investors and entrepreneurs from across the Cincinnati tri-state area
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is ideal for women interested in learning more about angel investing and/or understanding how to enable social impact by investing in early-stage companies. It is also a networking event for existing or potential entrepreneurs.
A light breakfast snack and lunch are included. Doors open at 8:15 a.m. Sign-up on Event Brite Investors and Potential Investors: $45 | Entrepreneurs: $25 | Students: $25
This presentation is purely an educational session to discuss the process of investing in early stage companies. No securities are being offered and all “typical return” figures are merely illustrative and not guarantees of actual future returns.We appreciate the support of Cintrifuse in hosting this event.